I suppose I got into wedding photography by accident. I did a photography course at work in the early 2000’s, then took photos at a friend’s wedding as a guest and the bride preferred my photos more than her photographer’s. Fast forward two years later someone asked me to photograph their wedding and that was it, the start of White Rose Photography…. Nearly 400 weddings later I still absolutely love what I do.
I used to have a really long bio, it was a bit boring so here are the highlights:
- I shot my first ‘official’ wedding in March 2011
- I got married to my amazing wife Shona in July 2002 and we have two beautiful teenage children, Tom and Hannah. Our third child is our cuddly but slightly crazy dog called Bella.
- To keep fit I do triathlons, I have competed in an Ironman but my wife says not to bore you with the details (it’s really cool though!), I like to weight train, do Yoga and generally try to keep in shape. I used to fly gliders and Scuba dive BC (before children) I also love skiing.
- After family and photography, it’s music, food and drink that get me going.
- I enjoy listening to Jazz, EDM, George Ezra (very eclectic I know!)
- I can’t resist a roast dinner with all the trimmings, I could eat them every day of the week.
- I love a good Americano, I have become a bit of a coffee aficionado in the last couple of years – A good glass of red, Italian Merlot, is my tipple of choice.
- When I have time I love watching a good TV box set, Bosch, Queen of the South, Lincoln Lawyer, Peaky Blinders to name but a few.